Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Do You Like The Casting?

With the movie set to come out so soon (March 23rd), what do you think about the actors and actress's chosen to play the characters in The Hunger Games? I personally am a HUGE Jennifer Lawrence fan. When I read the books, I somewhat pictured a Jennifer Lawrence type playing her role. Yet from reading on the Internet and other blogs, some seem to feel that she is "too pretty" for the role.

Also, I think they hit the nail on the head by casting Willow Shields to play the role of Primrose Everdeen, the younger sister of Katniss. I'm very excited to see how that plays out, but I don't think they missed on that one.

One last thing that certainly caught me by surprise was Elizabeth Banks playing as Effie Trinket. When reading the first book, I generated my idea of Effie as slightly older looking than someone as the age of Elizabeth Banks. I completely understand that she is done up to look older, but it is kind of hard to look past that point.

Anyway, what are your thoughts about the casting? Did they hit it on the mark, or did they miss in your opinion? In addition, who are you most looking forward to seeing? Share away...

4 comments:

  1. I think the casting is superb!! Jennifer Lawrence is going to be a super awesome Katniss.

    Somehow when I was reading the book, I pictured someone who resembled Woody Harrelson. Even in the previews, you can see him slurring his words at one point. I am anxious to see how that plays out.

    But the character I am most looking forward to seeing is Lenny Kravitz playing as Cinna!! Just from the trailers and clips I have seen, he is going to do an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Z-Ice. I completely agree and can't wait to see the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're looking for them here they are: Mockingjay Auditions

    ReplyDelete